Monday, December 27, 2010

some more food...

I am officially home now, but I still have a lot of photos I want to show off, so I am just going to pretend that I am still in France eating food...
 almond tart!

MOULES-FRITES!
These are fresh steamed mussels, served with hot crispy fries. It is 10 euros for one order (which is often enough for 2 people). It was my favorite delicacy for sure. And, you can eat them with your hands! Look at this juicy sucker:

 tasty beers:


 Hot chocolate in France is not like our hot chocolate. Instead of taking a little powder packet and mixing it with hot water, they melt actual chocolate, add some milk, and store it in this constantly churning vat to keep it from becoming solid. So when you pick your spoon up out of a French hot chocolate, thick globs of melted chocolate drip down from it. I'm a fan.

And the ender for this post:  French hot dogs, everyone. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. You make me get hungry!!

    I've seen the Caribou, BSS and Scout Niblett photos, you've found nice concerts in France!
    By the way, I finally saw Caribou some weeks ago and it was amazing also, Swim is definitely a great CD! :)

    How are you doing in USA? Still missing France? :)

    Andreu

    ReplyDelete