Saturday, November 6, 2010

Barcelona Part II



The next day, we walked around and saw some sites. This fountain was in a big park near the water, and it was really spectacular. So grand and busy with details of all kinds. It was lovely.


 You can climb the stairs and go up above the fountain which is really awesome to see it from all angles.





I am a tourist.


 So the next stop was the Picasso Museum, which was so awesome. I normally think of one style of painting when I think of his most famous work, but it was so interesting to go through this museum, because the path you take through it went chronologically through his life. You were really able to see the progression of his painting as he grew older. (I didn't know photos weren't allowed, so these we the shots I got before I got yelled at)





Then to dinner! So one thing you see A LOT in Barcelona is the hanging of pig legs in restaurants all over the place. It's pretty cool! (I think the farmhouse should adopt this style... best soundproofing technique yet!)

 Trobador was so good I went back the next night, and it didn't disappoint.
 salad with sliced apples, oranges, chicken in the middle, under a slice of herbed chevre.
This seafood soup will haunt my dreams until I come back to Barcelona and eat it again. It was one of the best things I've ever eaten.

This is an old hospital building near where we stayed. Barcelona is full of stuff like this- crazy intricate colorful designs on so many buildings. It makes you keep your eyes wide open at all times because there is always some beautiful piece of architecture wherever you look in Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment