Thursday, September 9, 2010

Aurevoir, États-Unis.

Gonna free fall, out into nothing.
Gonna leave this world for a while.  -T.Petts

I was not even nervous. Just so ready to go go go. My bag was 4 pounds overweight, but as it turns out the ground agent lady really liked me. She and I had been chatting when I was in line about how sexy we think french is. Swayed by my all my sexual innuendoes, she let my 54 pound bag slide.

It makes perfect sense that I would go West to Chicago to go East to Paris. Very Logical.
BUT PUFF DADDY WAS HERE! (see...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM0-ZU8njdo)


So at the Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris, there is this big cylindrical courtyard with a bunch of different escalators going all different directions within it.
Alright, so I know what you may be thinking here. You're thinking: "Hey, Juliana. Don't all those escalators remind you of the moving staircases in Hogwarts that Harry crossed every day to get to the Gryffindor common room?" 

Oh my god you are SO right! They DO remind me of the moving staircases at Hogwarts! Ten Points to Gryffindor!


Our great family friend Cathrine was nice enough to pick me up at the airport and help me get to the Gare de Lyon in Paris so that I could catch my train to Montpellier. We had croissants and café (so good), and I got to meet their family dog, Diabelo. Here, he awaites us at the gate.

1 comment: