Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Trips to the French Consulate in Boston

There is a series of hoops one must jump through to get a student visa to study in France. It was a very unorganized system of going to about ten different websites and making profiles and sending in money and waiting and waiting and worrying and trying to call anyone who may know how to help but only getting machines saying to go to said websites. GAH. But I got it done somehow. 

HOWEVER, I ended up making a couple little fun trips out of my consulate visits, which ended up being a blast. I hung out with my cousins Genevieve and Scott, ate some great food, and practiced taking pictures with my new canon S90 camera. It is the size of what they call a "party camera" but lots of fun for a person who is used to a film camera like myself. Here are some photos from my time in Boston!


Cousin Genevieve!



Christopher Columbus!


On 89 back to Vermont

Swans! Genevieve told me that sometimes people sneak in at night and steal the swans and then it is in the newspapers the next day.


Chinatown. Look at the yellow one- "Relax Times Massage." I wonder...


Cobblestones under the pavement


Little old elevator


The tunnel


Fun with exposure while going over the big Boston bridge at night



No comments:

Post a Comment